Today, my junior year of high school ended.
Today, I became a senior.
Today, I finished three-fourths of my high school career; I am done three-fourths of that mythical time of proms and phys ed and mandatory foreign language education and awkwardness and Shakespeare and football games.
And, you know, that's sad. I only have one year left of that which I so dearly love.
Tomorrow is an end, but it's also a beginning: the beginning of the Epic Summer. To be quite honest, I can't feel down for too long when I remember what I have ahead of me. Besides, I'll have plenty of time to feel down when Senioritis strikes.
Beginning this Sunday, I will be spending two weeks at the University of Notre Dame's Summer Scholars Program, studying film. Two weeks of new friends, blazing heat, field trips, making and watching movies, community service, talent shows, swimming in lakes, and beautiful South Bend, Indiana. I'm so excited that I started packing three weeks ago.
When I get back, it's off to the shore for my summer job. A girl's gotta earn cash somehow, you know. And besides Disney World, I can't think of a place I'd want to work more.
I have all kinds of other crazy stuff planned: a road trip to Hersheypark with my friends, Phillies games galore, attending the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (thankfully not in 3D), AP summer work, reading good books, being outside, riding my bike, and sleeping.
Summer. It starts today. And it's going to be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment