Well, here I am, in the computer cluster at LaFortune Student Center at the University of Notre Dame. I'm really here.
There aren't enough letters in the alphabet or words in the dictionary to describe what an experience I've had so far at the Summer Scholars program. It has been nothing short of amazing, stupendous, and fantastic.
I've met so many incredible, nice, funny, smart people. I've done things I never imagined I would - for instance, discussing the contrasts between Hollywood action movies and Hong Kong action movies, watching a Jackie Chan movie entirely in Cantonese, and then learning how to swordfight (and that was just yesterday). I've stayed up really late and woken up really early, and I don't regret a second of that missed snooze time. I got up in front of a crowd and sang and danced my heart out. It was exhilarating and wonderful and fun. I've enjoyed every second here.
I leave Notre Dame in two and a half days, and I'm dreading it. This is a holy place. This is an intellectual place. This is a place where I've made friends, and this is a place that has become my friend. Though I hate to leave, I'm not going to forget what happened here in these two weeks. And I can't wait to come back.
No comments:
Post a Comment